Understanding your bill
Understanding your electricity bill gives you more control over how you use your electricity. Visit this page to help you better understand your electricity bill.
Simple energy efficiency steps
This short guide aims to help you with some general and specific suggestions on reducing your energy costs using low-cost or free methods.
Making sure your solar is working
Your rooftop solar is not exporting back to the grid? Here’s a list of some preliminary steps you can take to sort it.
We know that from time to time customers may find that they’re unable to pay their energy bills. Find more about your options here. In addition to these options, we also have a $10,000.00 fund to provide members with an average of one month bill credits. It’s simple to access and you can find the details here.
Member stories on saving energy
We will be sharing more and more stories from our rank-and-file members over time about what they have done to save on energy. If you have a story to share you can do so here.
- Alison’s story on organising for better quality housing for renters.
- Suzanne’s experience with the humble ceiling fan.
- Grace’s many tips and ideas that came from solidarity and friendship.
- Charlie’s story setting up Earthworker Smart Energy Cooperative.
- Susan’s story on using windows, fans and shutters.
- Vicky’s call to get involved in our energy efficiency working group.
- Tom’s tip on Harnessing the cooling properties of plants.
- Sally’s reflections on Renting on the top floor.
- Luke story on setting up Energetic Communities in Queensland Livable Homes for All.
- Don’s Tip on cooling old weatherboard house.
Renters and Housing Union resources
Click here for the Victorian Renters Survival Guide to the Climate Apocalypse